Coping skills help kids to avoid the damage of toxic stress, manage their frustrations in positive ways, and feel happier. In fact, studies show that kids who are able to self-regulate have a greater chance of excelling in virtually every area of life. This book is ideal for parents, teachers, coaches, and anyone who longs to help kids succeed. In addition to providing an abundance of stress-busting and mood-boosting skills, it also offers valuable insights into why these strategies work.
- Eleven ways kids can boost their mood by changing their thoughts.
- Six strategies that encourage children to express how they feel.
- Eight practices for inspiring children to draw strength from their faith.
- Five ways kids can elevate their mood though gratitude.
- Seven tactics for supporting children in becoming present in the moment.
- Five ideas for using temperature changes to help kids self-regulate.